Stripe is the trendy payment gateway option for many Woocommerce stores. This gateway is also included by default in WooCommerce, so setting it up is super easy.
Let Us Manage Theme & Plugin Installation for You!
Our team will setup plugins and themes for you to make sure you spend your energy on the things that really matter to your business..
Besides stripe, there are many Woocommerce payment gateways available out there but stripe is better known for its simplicity and on site checkout.
Using a payment gateway can be a decision of fulfilling requirements of your audience so it’s not necessary that everyone uses Stripe with Woocommerce.
So in this post, we are going to discuss how to enable Stripe payment gateway on any Woocommerce store.
What is Stripe
Stripe is an online payment gateway system that helps you collect payment from your customers easily. Stripe allows customers to use credit card and debit card to make payment online on any Woocommerce store that has Stripe payment gateway integration.
Stripe allows you to add a fully integrated credit card payment gateway to your store , which makes the checkout process more direct than PayPal. The user does not need to leave your website at any time.
Another of its advantages is its cheaper commissions than those of PayPal: 2% per transaction (on Indian Cards that are issued in India) and 3% on cards that are issued outside India.
However, stripes Charge different amounts based on the card.
Pros of Stripe
- Cheaper than Paypal: Stripe is cheaper than Paypal, there are no monthly fees which is reason enough in itself to make it a serious contender.
- Easy to integrate: As integrations go, Stripe is reasonably straightforward. However, if you’re not technically minded, you’ll almost certainly need support to get Stripe working effectively on your website.
- Keeping Checkout On- Site: In a converting business, sending your customers elsewhere to complete checkout isn’t always desirable. With Stripe, customers stay on your site under your brand, so they can feel more secure during checkout.
- Good Exposure: It is privately owned and has benefited from a great deal of PR and exposure.
- Start-up Friendly: It has a strong focus on small businesses and start-ups.
How to Connect Stripe to WooCommerce
Connecting Stripe to WooCommerce is very straightforward. Follow below steps:
- First of all go to the WordPress dashboard then Plugins> Add new> and search for WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway. Then install and activate the official Stripe plugin.
- After installing the Stripe plugin, you need API keys. To generate keys, go to Stripe.com and create an account there and login.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings then go to the Payments tab.
- In the Payments tab, look for Enable Stripe and enable it by checking the box.
- Now you can see the API key option below Stripe in the payment tab. To get your API key, go to your Stripe account > Developers> API keys.
- Now enter the secret key and publishing key in the payment tab. And you are all done.
Setting up Stripe on Woocommerce seems technical? Don’t worry here are a video version of how to connect Stripe to WooCommerce easily:
Thus you can connect Stripe to WooCommerce easily in a few steps.
Setting up a payment gateway is usually easy. When you sign up, you’ll usually be given a Client ID, API Key, or similar. You enter your shopping cart, choose the payment gateway for which you have subscribed and enter the details provided. That is all!
I hope this article helps you learn how to connect Stripe to WooCommerce. If you have any questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to share in the comment box.