Do you have a blog but you start to get discouraged because you don’t get all the visits you would like?
Do you spend all day looking at Google Analytics to see if your web traffic has increased?
I’ve been in that same situation, where I saw my Google Analytics with 20 visits a day (in the best of cases) and I felt very unmotivated. But the day came when I said, this can’t go on like this, it’s time to change the strategy (before I didn’t have one).
And thanks to this change I have managed to multiply and increase the web traffic of my blog. In addition, as you already know, getting visits to the blog is essential if you want to increase the list of subscribers and be able to monetize your blog later.
Because a blog without an audience is not worth it. Visits for a blog are like gasoline for a car.
Without gasoline, the engine of a car does not work, because, at the blogging level, a blog without visits does not work either. But don’t worry because with this guide you will learn how to increase the web traffic of your blog at least as much as I. Of course, if you really want to increase blog traffic, you are going to have to apply each and every one of the steps that we are going to see, otherwise, you will continue to be stuck and frustrated.
1. Get Quality Links with the Skyscraper Technique
The skyscraper technique is not a new technique for the blogging industry. It was coined by Brian Dean of Backlinko.
A technique that was already widely used in its time, but I had not yet put it into practice and I wanted to give it my personal touch. The best thing about this technique is that, in addition to attracting more visitors, you will be able to increase your list of subscribers and possibly quality links.
Before explaining what this technique consists of, I want you to see how I got more backlinks after using it (and consequently, more web traffic) in addition, I would also like to show you how I managed to increase web traffic for that article by 165.70%.
To do this, keep reading because I am going to tell you each of these techniques steps by step, without keeping any secrets. Because if I was able to use the skyscraper technique in a very simple way, you can also use it to get more visits to your blog.
What is the Skyscraper Technique?
Using this technique is very simple (and surely you have applied it more than once without realizing it):
- Find articles that can attract quality links and receive a lot of web traffic.
- Make an article better than your competition.
- Find a group of influencers for virtualization.
Make an article Better than the Competitor:
This part has no more mystery than going around the first Google results and analyzing the type of content they have and then thinking about how you can improve it.
For example, you can create a checklist and answer the following questions:
- Do you have a table of contents?
- Are the headings well structured?
- How long is the article?
- Do you have enough images? Do they stand out?
- Have you done infographics?
- Have you added a presentation on SlideShare?
- Do you have an explanatory video?
- Do you do the content upgrade?
In short, the Skyscraper Technique consists of finding the best content from your competition, improving it, and trying to make it go viral so that it can get quality backlinks. That will help to increase website traffic, organic, and referral both.
2. Optimize CTR in SEO: The Great Forgotten
Optimizing the titles to increase the CTR is one of the most forgotten actions at the blogging level and that usually gives the best result. Sometimes we think that to increase web traffic it is necessary to come out in the first position of Google.
But this is not necessarily true because you can get more clicks without improving your position in the SERPs (although this will indirectly make you rank higher in Google).
How to see the CTR of one of my pages:
To know the CTR of a web page is as simple as having created your account in Search Console. We’ll go to Performance and CTR.
In the queries section, we will have the CTR of all the terms for which we appear in Google results when they search for a specific word. While, in the pages section, we will have the average CTR of each of our pages.
What we will have to do is select the page that we want to improve its CTR and then click on queries.
In this way, we will have the CTR of each of the terms for which our page appears in the search results. That is, do not forget to activate the options of Clicks, Impressions, CTR, and Position.
How to Improve CTR to Increase Traffic:
Now that we have seen what the CTR of each of our pages is, we are going to see how to make your blog have many visits.
Optimizing the CTR for SEO:
The CTR in SEO depends mainly on:
- Title (You can use headline analyzer tools)
- The URL
- Rich Snippets
- Target Description
- related links
Therefore, if we manage to optimize each of these elements, we will have more options to receive more clicks on our pages.
3. Create a Content Strategy to Increase Blog Traffic
If you want a constant flow of visits you need to work on the SEO of your content and for that, it is a necessary condition to have a content strategy.
Remember that, once you have well-defined the content strategy of your blog, the ideal is to work with an editorial calendar 3 months ahead.
Now I am going to show you one of the ways how I work my editorial calendar.
In my case, it is a digital marketing blog and one of its categories is WordPress and social media. What I do is try to go from a more general term to more specific terms.
For example, the social media category is related to the community manager, and this in turn to social networks, which are also related, for example, to Facebook.
Do you stay with the process?
This is one of the reasons why it is so important to do keyword research before starting any project. Without keyword research, it is very difficult to design a content strategy that works.
What I do now is going to SEMRush and its Keyword Magic Tool and add one of the words that I have extracted from the mental map. In this case, I searched for “Facebook” and I have been scrolling until I found a possible article to add to my editorial calendar.
What I would do now would be to search for that same term on Google and see what level of competition there is for that keyword. For that, you need to have the Moz extension installed.
What we will do is look at the DA and especially the PA of the results that are positioned in the first positions of Google. If these two indicators are very high compared to our metrics, it means that it is an article that will cost us a lot in the position.
Another thing that we should also analyze is the link profile that each of these articles has, for that you can use Ahrefs or Open Site Explorer.
4. Use Long Tail Keywords to Increase Web Traffic
If you are starting a blog or if you are in a very competitive niche, it is a necessary condition that you start attacking long tail keywords.
But the idea is very simple, we just have to enter a generic keyword in the Ahrefs search engine (in this case I have sought to earn money).
To search, it is as simple as indicating a search term, for example, “social networks” and finding out which are the niches that contain this word that has the most traffic and visibility. Then we are going to filter by language and by web traffic so that we can see the ones with the most traffic first.
Then we just have to scroll until we find articles that fit our theme and have a fairly high organic traffic potential.
Once you find a topic I recommend the following analysis:
- Analyze the traffic of monthly visits.
- Analyze the number of keywords that we can get.
- Analyze the competition and difficulty of the term.
- Analyze On-Page SEO optimization (content, images, density, prominence, etc.)
- Analyze the page authority, the domain authority, and the relevance of the backlinks or incoming links.
Once this analysis is done, we will be able to know if we are definitely going to work on that niche to position it or if instead, our website does not have enough authority or sufficient guarantees to climb to the top positions.
5. Update Your Old Content
You may think that to increase visits to a website it is necessary to always generate new content. But this is not the case, many times by updating old content we will be able to improve the positions in the SERP of many articles.
But the question is what items do we have to update?
I am going to propose two main options:
- Find your most authoritative blog posts or pages: The first way is to detect which are the posts with the highest page authority and which are not in the first position of Google. To do this we will use Ahrefs, enter the domain and select Top Page. Then we order the results from highest to lowest and that’s it.
- Detect those keywords that are on the second or third page of Google: To do this, we can use different tools such as SEMrush, which when you enter your domain, gives you the distribution of organic positions and we will only have to click on the second column. Another option would be to locate those keywords that have risen to more positions in a period of time. With SEMrush we can also check it, but in this case, I have preferred to use Ahrefs. You just have to enter the domain and in the organic search section select movements. Now you just have to click on the upload filter and look for the most interesting URLs.
6. Roundup Post: The Total Weapon to Increase Website Traffic
The Round Post is one of the most fashionable techniques lately. It is largely due to the good results that are being achieved thanks to this technique. Because thanks to collaborative posts you will be able to get thousands of qualified visits in a really simple way.
And not only that, thanks to this technique you will be able to gain a lot of visibility online, make yourself known among referents that you did not know, and get more subscribers.
So, let’s see step by step how to plan a Roundup Post strategy;
1. Find the best influencers in your sector
First thing is to find influencers in your sector, in this case, the most recognized bloggers and the ones with the most visitors. For that, you must do step by step the same thing you have done before when planning the guest posting strategy.
So, if you have already done it before, that step you save.
2. Get to know each other
Once you have the list of influencers you want to get in touch with, you should start drawing up a whole plan to make noise and get noticed in their feed.
To do this, you can carry out the same actions as in the previous case:
- Comment on your latest articles leave valuable content and stand up to establish a conversation.
- Share your content on social networks (Twitter is great) and mention them.
- Link to your content throughout your blog.
3. Contact them with an attractive collaborative article proposal
Like everything in this life, the NO is already in your face, so you don’t lose anything by asking if they want to collaborate on your article.
To do this, you must send an email that is sufficiently attractive and personalized in which you persuade each of the bloggers to collaborate with you.
7. Create Listing Articles
As you will be checking, I do not want to limit myself to telling you what to do and how to do it. I also like to demonstrate examples of the results of techniques that I myself have used to increase my blog traffic.
Another technique that has worked well for me is to create articles of the type:
- X Mega Digital Marketing Post that you cannot miss.
- The X best Digital Marketing blogs Are you on the list?
- X Digital Marketing Bloggers You Should Know
Who does not like to appear in the listings? What is the first thing we do when we find out that we have appeared on a list?
Publish it and show it to others for them to see, right? This is great because thanks to this technique we will be able to increase the web traffic of our blog in a very simple way.
I’m going to show you an example of how I did it.
I created an article (which you can see here ) recommending a series of bloggers. After creating the article I sent an email or a DM to each of the bloggers that I had recommended that I had written an article recommending them.
For the selected period of four days, I managed to increase my blog’s web traffic by 276.55% and managed to reach 66% of new visitors who had not yet read my blog. Also, the post is ranking on 1 and 2nd pages on google.
In addition, it is very likely that when you do this type of article where you recommend bloggers or mention the best blogs in your niche, some of them will add a link to your article on their “About Me” page.
8. Use Networking to Increase Web Traffic
Networking is another great way to increase website traffic. I’ll give you an idea that is working very well for me to gain visibility. Because after all, we all want and need more online visibility to make ourselves known.
The idea is the following: Find a group of 10 to 20 people related to the topic of your blog and who are in a similar stage to yours.
Next, propose to them to create a Facebook group in which on certain days of the week you all share a Tweet that you want to be RT and you do the same.
What will you get with this?
You will be in contact with people in your sector, it will allow you to get to know them better and you will also be able to increase the visits to your blog.
Conclusion? I managed to increase web traffic from Twitter and Facebook by more than 309% for the selected period, just by using this technique.
Conclusion – Tips to Increase Website Traffic
Before ending this guide, I want to give you a series of recommendations in case you want to get more traffic to your blog.
- Create a content strategy that is focused at all times on your target audience. It is useless to write for someone who is not your target audience, you will be wasting time and money.
- Experiment and measure. Whenever you make a change, take note of the date you made the change and allow a month to pass to check the results. What works for one person may not work for another, so always rely on your own data.
- If you are starting your blog try to find long-tail keywords with less competition and see.
- Before you start, make sure you have your entire website optimized. For this, I recommend that you first do an SEO audit.
I mentioned many proven ways to increase website or blog traffic. Always use catchy headlines, you can use headline analyzer tools, consider using long-tail keywords, don’t forget to get social, and lastly, guest blogging is key to increasing website traffic and authority as well.
And this is the end of this guide. I would like to see you in the comments and tell me what you think of all these techniques to increase web traffic and tell me which one you use. 🙂