How does it feels if you just send a QR Code to your user and they are able to install PWA in clicks?
We Build PWA Solutions!
Our team of experts can help you develop a next-gen progressive web application that delivers an app-like experience. We build PWA solutions that are easy to use and secure..
Yes, it is possible with the help of the SuperPWA plugin. We just launched a feature that will generate a QR code for your PWA plugin.
So in this article, we gonna discuss how to install PWA using a QR code.
What are Progressive Web Apps or PWAs?
Progressive web apps (PWA) or progressive web application is a solution based on the traditional web that we all know, although it incorporates some peculiarities that make it resemble a native app for mobile phones and tablets.
Each project is independent and the level of adaptation of the website to the app format is progressive, so we may visit a site with a PWA almost identical to an app, or perhaps it is a website with some advances.
The PWAs can be installed on the mobile but this is not necessary to have the same tasks simply through the web. That is, they do not need installation.
Benefits of PWAs
Here are the benefits of PWAs:
- Better performance and user experience
- Very short loading times
- Interface similar to that of a native app
- Automatic update
- They do not take up memory space
- Responsive design
- Push notifications
- TLS secure protocol
- Lower development cost
Now let’s learn how you can install SuperPWA on your website.
How to Install PWA on Your Site
Installation of the SuperPWA plugin is really very straightforward. First of all, you need to install an active SuperePWA plugin.
To do so, go to WordPress dashboard > Plugins > Add new, and search for SuperPWA. And install and hit the Active button.
Now, all done. Now, if any user opens your website on a mobile device, they will see a popup in the footer saying “Add SITENAME to home screen” like this:
Configuration of SuperPWA Plugin
You can change your app name, app icon, theme color, etc., by configuring some settings in SuperPWA. Just go to SuperPWA > Setting:
- Application name: Here, you can make changes to your Progressive Web App.
- Application Short Name: Used when there is insufficient space to display the application’s full name. 15 characters or less.
- Description: Here, you can describe your website or app. Basically, a brief description of what your app is about.
- Application Icon: This will be your app’s icon when installed on the phone. It must be a PNG image exactly 192×192 in size. Your website’s favicon will not be added automatically here, so make sure to upload the app icon.
- Splash Screen Icon: This icon will be displayed on the splash screen of your app on supported devices. It must be a PNG image exactly 512×512 in size.
- Background Color and Theme Colour: The background color of the splash screen and Theme color are used on supported devices to tint the UI elements of the browser and app switcher. When in doubt, use the same color as the Background Color.
- Start Page: Here, you have to select the page to load when any user opens your app from a device. You can use the AMP version for your start page.
- Offline Page: Here, you can specify an offline page for your app; for example, I have selected a Blog page. The offline page is displayed when the device is not connected to data, and the requested page is not already cached.
- Orientation: This feature is useful when a user wants to visit your website in rotate mode. Set the orientation of your app on devices. I recommend you set it to Follow Device Orientation, and your app will rotate as the device is rotated.
- Display: With this feature, you can control the browser UI and what browser UI is shown when your app is launched. Currently, there are four display modes: Standalone, Fullscreen, Minimal-UI, and Browser. Check more info HERE.
After making any changes, hit the Save button.
SuperPWA is a free WordPress plugin that can be used for PWA building. Also, you can Customize some basic settings in the free version of SuperPWA.
But if you go with SuperPWA pro, you can take your progressive web app to the next level because, in the premium version, we offer a lot of handy features. With the help of these features, you can make your app more attractive, user-friendly, and easy to use.
Features of SuperPWA Pro
Here are the Features of SuperPWA Pro:
- Android APK APP generator to easily generate APK APP of your current PWA website.
- Data Analytics to see how many customers interact with your website using Super Progressive Web App.
- QR Code Generator to Install app using QR Code
- PreLoader, provide your user an eye catchy loading functionality to the site.
- APP Shortcuts, APP shortcuts give quick access to a handful of common actions that users need frequently.
- Call To Action
10% Discount Code for SuperPWA Pro
If you want to go for SuperPWA, let me save 10% for you. With the below-given discount coupon code, you can get a discount of 10% while purchasing SuperPWA. Use this code: DiscountApril2022.
How to Install PWA Using QR Code
To use this QR code generator feature, you need to purchase the SuperPWA premium plugin. After purchasing it, follow the given below steps.
Step 1: Go to the WordPress dashboard and upload that purchased plugin. Now install and to the active plugin, you need to enter a license key. So head over to WordPress Dashboard -> SuperPWA -> License enters the License key and click on the “Activate” button.
Step 2: Now active QR Code Generator Premium Add-on. You need to go to WordPress Dashboard -> SuperPWA -> Add-ons-> Click on the QR Code Add-on “Activate” button.
Step 3: Now it’s time to generate a QR code for your PWA. Go to WordPress Dashboard > SuperPWA > Click on the QR Code Generator. You will get the QR Code and Download Button.
So this is how you can generate a QR code for your PWA, after generating a QR code for your PWA, you can send it to your users so that they can use it to install your PWA easily.