Headless WordPress is becoming popular nowadays. That’s created a buzz since its arrival that won’t die soon. You all must be knowing about WordPress, it is a CMS (Content Management System) that allows its user to build websites and it also makes them the host. On the other hand, Headless WordPress is yet another creative CMS. WordPress platform has provided its users a chance to explore the Headless CMS. In this guide, you all will get to know a lot about Headless WordPress.
Headless WordPress Setup and Maintenance Services!
We will set up headless WordPress properly to save you tons of time and grant you more front-end flexibility. We are fully equipped to do it for your business needs..
The content in this guide are as follows:
- Briefing of CMS.
- Briefing of Headless WordPress.
- Benefits of Headless WordPress.
- Drawbacks of Headless WordPress.
- How do Headless WordPress works?
- How to set up Headless CMS using AWS?
Without any further ado, let’s begin.
What is CMS?
The content management system is a computer software application that consists of a set of databases which deals with all the content. It also helps in renewing the content and using those contents while formulating a website. It gives its users a variety of benefits like editing, creating, publishing, and other such tools which they need while creating content. We all know how content is the king in the market and to make the content worthy, CMS helps a lot.
What is Headless WordPress?
Headless WordPress is a wonderful example of headless CMS. Just like Headless CMS, Headless WordPress is also an application that can be used through desktop or mobile. In Headless WordPress the user can use other technology to induce the WordPress content besides using its integrated PHP.
Okay so let’s get this done in simple terms. The CMS has two-part the back-end and the front-end. The management part is done in the back-end region.
While using WordPress this is the part from where the user publishes or creates their blogs etc. As well as the front-end is considered, this part is where the original content is being presented. In Headless WordPress, the back-end part is only being used mainly. This offers more flexibility and control over the content.
Benefits of Headless WordPress
There are numerous benefits that Headless WordPress has to offer.
- Enhanced Performance: When a request is received in a normal CMS, the hosting server creates a new HTML page. For a front end developer, this entire process can take a long time and result in a poor user experience. However, using Headless WordPress, you can convert all of your content into static HTML pages and then send them to your clients according to their preferences. Because of this functionality, many businesses around the world favor Headless WordPress because it increases performance in a variety of ways and saves time by completing tasks quickly.
- Adjustable Front-end: Through WordPress, you’ll get a wide variety of themes along with plugins with which you can create a lot with the frontend. If the program you’re using can send requests to the WordPress API, you can effortlessly manage your content and virtually outsource your frontend to any software you want. Front-end developers can use this framework to work with a variety of applications and code languages other than the ones provided by WordPress. Front-end developers can create or change a lot more things, and carry out their obligations with a lot more ease, which is why it’s termed flexible. Additionally, front-end developers can easily change the whole front-end system or redesign a site with the help of Headless WordPress.
- Security: The traditional WordPress site gives protection to its users, but Headless WordPress can increase that security even further. Most developers across the world favor Headless WordPress because of its excellent security features. Furthermore, if your back-end server is successfully hidden, it will be difficult to access and use material directly through your website if your content is separated from your front-end system. This is why Headless WordPress is considered to be more secure than any other CMS.
- Multichannel Publishing: Headless WordPress allows you to share your content to all kinds of smart devices, social media sites, applications used in mobiles, and even virtual assistants. A headless CMS allows the publication of content on a wide range of publishing channels. With traditional CMS, if you want to make changes in your content then you’ll have to do it for every interface and that’s close to impossible. But with the help of headless CMS all you have to do is to make a change in your content in CMS and the changes will be done in all interfaces and to every device connected to it.
Drawbacks of Headless WordPress
Headless WordPress also has a few drawbacks, let’s check them out:
- Needs Maintenance – Headless WordPress requires more maintenance than traditional WordPress. The Headless architecture requires an extension to keep all offered databases environments and different servers. This thing requires resources that can be used for something else.
- Complicated Hosts – To have access to a Headless WordPress, different hosting is required. WordPress back-end and The other one for front-end, with these servers need the support of PHP and a supportive framework. Through these, it creates multiple complications by adding different servers and it increases the burden too. To stop overburdening, you will need to add a suitable host that can do the work in a single click.
How do Headless WordPress works?
It is important to learn how to system of Headless WordPress works because it will make it easier to implement this CMS in your site.
A Headless WordPress as stated uses the back-end interface panel in CMS for managing the content.
To earn information from the database, an API is utilized. Through this API, the data is displayed on the front-end panel or anywhere (where the content is being published). This API is also responsible for retrieving and sending all the data from the back-end panel to the front-end one.
The journey is easy for all the users as WordPress API simplifies things that the user used to implement Headless WordPress on their site.
How to set up Headless WordPress using AWS?
You can set up your Headless WordPress by using AWS in three simpler steps; setting up an AWS account, generating static copy, and finally by auto-deploying the static pages to AWS account.
1. Creating or setting up an AWS account: To get started you will need an Amazon S3 tier to set up your Headless WordPress account. The requires more network than any traditional web host. This platform is reasonable and priced adjust $0.50 a month. After claiming this will offer you 12 months of free hosting services. After the installation is done need to sign up straight away. To sign up you should tap on the “Get Started with Amazon S3” switch. A form will appear, you will need to fill in all the details in the form and then choose the “Complete Sign Up”.
2. Generating Static Copy for the Website: After setting up to AWS account you will need to install WordPress where you can use the back-end panel and develop static copy for the front-end too. If you feel that the charges of two hosts are high then you can install a local WordPress. Installing local WordPress is pretty easy. You will need to create a full local WordPress environment by using any tools. After that, you will use the software or any software of your choice to set up and install WordPress. The following phase is to configure your area.
You can select them according to your preference, and put them in your write-ups. After executing this, a static copy of your content would be generated for the front-end page. For moving your copy to the front-end page, you’ll have to generate the WordPress Static Plugin. You can use a variety of plugins. Once the plugin is set up you will have the access to the settings. Eventually, to deploy your website, you will need to connect the AWS to your website.
3. Auto Deploying of static pages to AWS: The deployment can only be done after the user will have the access to both kid and secret access keys. You can obtain both of these keys from your AWS account. To obtain these keys you will need to select the region of the “AWS bucket” which was created, and then enter the name. Finally, at the bottom of the page, you will tap on the “Start Static Export Button” and the process will begin.
Once the process is finalized, you will have the permit to the static edition of your WordPress website.
Headless WordPress is a word of mouth for most people these days. But the approach it requires doesn’t work in favor of all the websites and hosts. However, Headless WordPress offers many things to the users from the quicker and easier way of managing content to a positive experience.
Hoping this guide was useful, and you all got to know the different dimensions of Headless WordPress. Note to remember- Headless WordPress configuration is not adequate for every project. So do your full research and use Headless WordPress.