You already know that, if you have an eCommerce, you have some pages (cart, payment, my account) that you can customize according to your needs.
We Offer Woocommerce Services!
Reach new heights with our WooCommerce services. Our developers can make your website beyond your expectations according to your business needs..
Woocommerce checkout is one of them that needs an attractive and full of features.
Today we gonna discuss how to customize the checkout page in WooCommerce so that you can adapt it to your business.
WooCommerce Checkout Page
The payment or checkout page that WooCommerce brings by default includes a series of fields that can be modified.
In that sense, you can remove or add others according to the needs of your business.
Let’s see what the default WooCommerce checkout page looks like:
Therefore, the fields that the WooCommerce payment or checkout page includes as standard are :
- Company name (optional).
- Country / Region.
- Street Direction.
- Apartment, room, urbanization… (optional).
- Postal Code.
- Order notes (optional) in the right column.
As you can see, it is a large number of fields that in some cases you may not need.
Therefore, the objective is to simplify the purchase process in your online store as much as possible to increase the number of conversions.
Plugin to Modify Woocommerce Checkout or Payment Page
The plugin that we use in my online stores to modify the payment page in WooCommerce is Checkout Manager for WooCommerce, which has a free version and a premium version with more features.
I am going to explain how the free version works, with which you can modify the fields of your Woocommerce checkout page according to the type of business you have.
What this plugin allows you to do is:
- Reorder the fields.
- Rename and highlight the ones you need.
- Hide or expand the payment fields in the billing, shipping, and additional sections.
How does the Checkout Manager for the WooCommerce Plugin Work?
Once you have installed and activated it, go to the WooComerce settings and you will see a new tab that does not appear by default: checkout.
In this first general tab, you can configure the following:
- Force shipping address if you want to show shipping fields at checkout.
- Force the creation of an account so that your customers have to register when buying.
- Remove the notes from the order in case you don’t need them. If it is a closed product, I recommend you disable them.
- Add a label in the order notes.
- Add a personalized message before and after checkout.
The next tab within the options (billing) is where you will find the main functionality of the plugin and where you can modify the fields of your payment page.
The options that Checkout Manager for WooCommerce gives you are the following:
- Add new fields.
- Hide the ones you don’t need.
- Choose the size of each field and where you want it to be displayed: full width, left, or right.
- Choose the type of field: text, country, telephone, email, etc.
- Modify the name of the field and the inner text (placeholder).
You only have to deactivate the fields that you do not need and place them to your liking, both in order and in one or another column.
And so you can modify each field of your payment page in WooCommerce.
If you sell physical products in your online store and ship to the customer’s address, you can also modify and customize the shipping fields according to your needs.
I have simplified the payment process to the maximum by reducing the number of fields and, when the customer adds a product to the cart and goes to pay, they only have to fill in their name, surname, and email.
Remember that, in any form, the fewer fields, the higher the conversion rate.
So far this simple tutorial in which I explain how to modify and customize the Woocommerce checkout page of your online store with the Checkout Manager for WooCommerce plugin so that you can adapt it to your business, adding and removing fields according to your needs.
Your questions or suggestions are welcome in the comment box.